Thursday 4 June 2015

Book Review: Stephen King: On Writing

The week has gone by so fast I am still in awe that it ends tomorrow. Where does the time go? Oh, right, that public holiday at the beginning of the week explains it all.

Well, I thought I had time on my hands but clearly time had me.. for supper. I did not finish my book of the month, can't help but kick myself in the shins. You see I let a couple of things get to me, things that at the time defined the end, my end. Here I am still standing. That's what over reacting gets you kids, do not try this at home.

My time management skills also need a tweak here and there, nothing I can't handle let's just hope my commitment levels are at their optimum.

For now, on to my favorite quotes continued from this post:



"Optimism is a perfectly legitimate response to failure"

"If you write or paint or dance or sculpt or sing someone will try to make you feel lousy about it. "

"Writing is a lonely job. Having someone who believes in you makes a lot of difference. They don't have to make speeches. Just believing is usually enough."

 "Take writing seriously." 

 "...even at its best, writing almost always falls short of full meaning"

"Fear is at the root of most bad writing."

"Good writing is often about letting go of fear and affection."

 "...lots of practice you have to learn the beat."

"The hours we spend talking about writing is time we don't spend actually doing it"

"If there's no joy in it, it's just no good"


I could have lost it and re-written the whole book all in the name of not missing a thing, but I'm pretty sure that would have some legal implications of it's own. But aren't those quotes something or are they something? Take a while and just let them soak in.

Have a good one! 

No comments :

Post a Comment